Yes. they aren't the best choice for a small room, but if you deal with the tight pattern...aim one at each ear? And if you value your ears don't crank them, the horn output is concentrated. Think of starting a fire with a magnifying glass.
Maybe I misunderstood your warning....... are you speaking only of running them full range? I thought you meant running them at all in the living room was a bad idea. I was pretty much done with the fullrange idea after fpitas and Bowtie posted.
I'll be picking the horns up today, or maybe tomorrow......glad I have a truck!
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA

Yes. they aren't the best choice for a small room, but if you deal with the tight pattern...aim one at each ear? And if you value your ears don't crank them, the horn output is concentrated. Think of starting a fire with a magnifying glass.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bolt some 2 or 3 inch fostex's to them and run it full range...
Last edited by cradeldorf; August 30th, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
Last edited by Audio_by_Goodwill; August 30th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
there kinda like tang bands that parts express sells. Maybe something like this...?
Tang Band W1-1070SE 1" Full Range Driver 264-860
Or these...
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-861
Those small drivers may not be destroyed immediately by bass, but they still have very limited capability because of the tiny cone area. A horn can help of course, but the horn(s) in question aren't big enough for deep bass.

Honestly, a full range horn built from scratch with altec405a driving it would work better. But a single horn running full range will have pattern control and distortion issues. For fun, OK. But to duplicate WE's sound would take a LOT of luck and work..
Japanese, but 405 adapted to WE horn...
http://www.flowerhouse.jp/bgm/
Last edited by Old Guy; August 31st, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

OG How do those 405's sound ? Don't think I have had the chance to hear those little drivers before.
Those things are Huge !
http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/1/12706/EV_HR4020.jpg
ABG- Can you post some photos ?

Actually they sound very nice. Light in the bass though,
Altec made these for the Japanese market...Milestone 405
http://audio-database.com/ALTEC/spea...tone405-e.html
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks